Since finishing school and joining the marketing industry in 2001, I’ve played a pivotal role developing creative strategies, building and managing targeted campaigns and supervising the execution of communication campaigns for various industries.
I’m a natural at planning strategies that will achieve quantifiable, positive impacts on a client’s bottom line. Then optimizing them for further success.
I hold an honours certificate in the Canadian Marketing Association’s Direct Marketing Course, plus an honours diploma in Marketing Management (Direct Response Option) from the British Columbia Institute of Technology (BCIT). I was the recipient of the program’s Achievement Award for Excellence (2001).
My integrated marketing skills were been further expanded through numerous volunteer roles with the Vancouver marketing community prior to leaving Canada in 2009.
I worked for four fantastic years in London, UK before setting up Fuller Times Ltd. as a marketing consultancy. In October 2013 I relocated to Gaborone, Botswana.
Diploma of Copywriting In Progress – Graduation Target Summer 2014
After many years of professional writing, I’m making my trade official.
Stay tuned for an updated CV upon completion!
- Driven, passionate, and credible professional with track record for bringing and inspiring success to fast-paced agencies and client-side sales and marketing oriented businesses through the development of results-driven strategic, integrated marketing campaigns.
- Team leader with proven success in working with entrepreneurial organizations to increase business revenues by building and managing relationships founded on mutual respect and integrity.
- Extensive experience in multi-tasking multiple campaigns using a variety of mediums, most notably: brand-focused and ecommerce-enabled website planning and project management; advertising, digital, direct and database marketing planning and execution; sales offer development, prospecting and closing; event marketing; and brand identity initiatives.
- Recognized as a leading traditional and digital account director with superb data, marketing analysis and project management techniques.
- Developed tools and methods for coaching a sales-based event marketing organization to unify marketing, sales, field operations and customer service in order to reduce costs, streamline efforts, and generate a strong impact on results.
- Provided management leadership and launched a client services team at Cowie and Fox that pitched and closed more than 20 new business accounts, resulted in doubling agency revenue goals while only needing to increase personnel by 40%.
- Delivered on business and revenue goals in consecutive years within Cossette/Blitz by growing direct marketing activities of existing clients through strategic consultation.
- Worked seamlessly with clients and partners to transcend communication channels and generate a 3,650% ROI during a six-month campaign period using a highly targeted DM initiative.
- Established processes for the facilitation of all DM (traditional hardcopy, outbound telemarketing, and email marketing) campaigns, including analytical work and analysis for Business Objects.
Fuller Times Limited – London, UK, previously known as
Jennifer Cowie Marketing Consultation – Vancouver, BC, Canada
Independent Contractor for Strategic Business Development and Communications from July 2007 – date
Market Insight Development, Brand Building, Communication Planning and Execution, Copywriting, Digital Account Direction, Social Media Marketing,
Clients: Kallisto Holidays, Italic Pixel Creative, Semperviva Yoga, Peak Potentials, Investment Mentoring Institute, Lantern Arts Costume Store
Peak Potentials LLC – North Vancouver, BC, Canada
Communications Manager from February 2011 – date
Affiliate Program Manager from September 2010 – February 2011
Manager of Marketing Communications from November 2007 – October 2009
Sales Strategy Development (including offers, pricing, targeting, key messaging, addressing objections), Attendance and Sales Projections, New Product Development, Customer Communications, Event Materials Development, Website Planning & Development.
LetsHaggle.com (in partnership with MadBid.com) – London, UK
Marketing Manager from January 2012 – September 2012
Internet Entrepreneurship. Website and Product Development, Email Marketing, Blogging, Social Media Marketing.
Body in Balance TV – London, UK
Marketing Manager from January 2010 – October 2011
Website and Product Development for Europe’s premiere health and wellness TV channel.
Cowie and Fox Inc. – Vancouver, BC, Canada
Director, Client Services from April 2005 – November 2007
New Business Development, Client Relationship Management, Brand Development Strategic Planning, Interactive/Digital Strategic Planning, Account Direction and Project Management, Human Resources Management, Operations.
Clients: Bootlegger, Please Mum, BC Dairy Foundation, Vesta Properties, Club Intrawest, lululemon, Quigg, SIREWALL, Crofton House School, Cressey Developments, Greenpeace
Blitz Direct, Data & Promotion (Cossette Communications Group) – Vancouver, BC
Account Supervisor with Direct Marketing and CRM Group from August 2001 – April 2005
Strategic Planning, Client Relationship Management, Account Management, Team Lead.
Clients: Tourism BC and BC Hydro (primary clients), Business Objects (formerly Crystal Decisions), Manitoba Telecom Services (MTS), Growthworks, Bell West
Education And Personal Development
Peak Potentials Training: Personal and Business Success Training
Various success training intensives including: Ultimate Internet Boot Camp, Millionaire Mind Intensive, Guerrilla Business School, Enlightened Warrior Training Camp, Never Work Again, Mission to Millions: A Life Directions Intensive
Landmark Education’s Curriculum for Living
Pitching and Presentation Skills
Canadian Marketing Association (CMA)
Graduate with Honours, Certificate in Direct Marketing
British Columbia Institute of Technology (BCIT)
First Class/Honour Roll, Diploma of Technology – Marketing Management
Yoga Alliance at Semperviva Yoga
Certified Hatha Yoga Teacher Training; Kundalini Teacher Training
BC Association of Integrated Marketers (previously BCDMA) – DM Day Sponsor
Information Architecture planning and project management for the development of the DM Day Event website (sponsored by Cowie and Fox).
BCAMA – Vision 2004 Marketing Chair
Directed a team of 12 volunteers to plan, develop and implement an integrated marketing strategy to promote the premier marketing conference in Vancouver.
BCAMA – Vision 2003 Database Manager
Managed the direct marketing (direct mail and email) targeting, mail preparation, email deployment, registration data, and post-campaign response analysis.
BC Association of Integrated Marketers (previously BCDMA) – Co-Director of Education
Contributed to the Western launch strategy of the CMA’s Direct Marketing Certification Program and built a library of resources and distance education resources for member’s use.